Samantha grew up on a small farm in Pennsylvania with her older sister and parents. After her only family mysteriously died in a barn fire, she was rehomed to the Holly Berry School for Orphaned Girls. It is rumored that her bedroom was the only room untouched by flames when it burned down. Firefighters speculate that the fire started from a number of candles possibly used in a ritual or spell due to the strange patterns left on the flooring. Though Samantha passed in the fire, her teddy and strange book remain as some of the only relecs left behind.